See exact paper specifications below! Using correct grammar, complete sentences, and organized paragraphs, write a coherent essay that addresses three possible interpretations of one of the following suggested myths.
First, A. Choose one of the following myths:
1. The story of Achilles (Chs. 4-6; Homer’s Iliad , Quintus Smyrnaeus, and Ovid)
2. The story of Orestes (Ch. 7; Aeschylus’ Oresteia )
3. Odysseus’ last adventures and actions after arriving on Ithaca (Chs. 9-10; Homer’s Odyssey )
4. Stories about any ONE male Olympian (esp. Hesiod’s Theogony, Ch. 11; and relevant texts in Ch. 12)
5. The story of Oedipus and his family (Ch. 14; Sophocles’ Theban plays) **You may suggest a different myth to write about, but you must check it out with me ahead of time! I will NOT allow anyone to write about Persephone and Demeter, since we used that story as a model in Ch. 2.**
Then, B. Choose three of the following or methods of interpretation/analysis to apply to your chosen myth:
a. Etiology/Nature Myth theory (Explanation of a real fact of the natural world)
b. Rationalism/Allegory (Any other interpretation of myth as having “realistic” foundations)
c. Social charter theory (Explanation of a real social institution of ancient times)
d. Ritual theory (Explanation of a real religious ritual performed in ancient times)
e. Structuralism (Analysis of binaries, motifemes, or other sequences of actions rooted in ancient life)
f. Psychology (Freudian or Jungian analysis)
g. Feminism/Gender (Analysis of gender stereotypes, counter-stereotypes, or sexuality) Try to devote at least one full paragraph to each kind of interpretation you choose to include! Make sure to refer back to Ch. 2 of the textbook (and the Powerpoint lecture) to re-acquaint yourself with these modes of analysis. Paper guidelines: Your paper should be 2-3 double-spaced pages in length (i.e., at least 2 full pages, excluding the title page, but not more than 3 full pages). Please include a separate title page on which you list the title of y
The post Write a coherent essay that addresses three possible interpretations of one of the following suggested myths. first appeared on https://singcourseworks.com.