Review “What Is a Discourse Community?” and create your own discourse community map.July 7, 2019
genogram is a picture display of an individual’s family relationships and medical historyJuly 7, 2019
Key Hyland uses the term “proximity” (distance) as a metaphor for differences in writing genres. Proximity refers to how near or far an author is in relation to the subject matter and the audience. Hyland also uses many more specific terms to describe the various features that change from one writing genre to the next.
Please define the following terms:
- Proximity of Membership [p. 117]
- Proximity of Commitment [p. 117]
- Proximity of Organization [p. 119]
- Proximity of Argument [p. 119-120]
- Novelty (Newness) [p. 119-120]
- Framing [p. 121]
- Proximity of Credibility [p. 122-123]
- Proximity of Stance [p. 123-124]
- Reporting Words [p. 123-124]
- Explicit Attitude [p. 123-124]
- Proximity of Engagement [p. 125]
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"