BA is 14 years old African American. She is also a member of the trauma group. during today’s section, BA reported she hangs out with her boyfriend 3 days ago and they both had an argument about taking heroin. BA started her 19 years old boyfriend want her to inject heroin with him. The client reported that her boyfriend thought her how to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes at the age of 13 but she doesnâ€t want to start on weed because she doesnâ€t want to be like her addicted grandmother who died due to drug overdose. BA also stated that she had a panic attack during the argument between her and her boyfriend. The therapist talked about drug addiction and the effect it on oneâ€s health. The group agreed on what the therapist said and CC and AS who are other members in the group talked about their experience on illicit drugs. CC started that she was able to overcome cocaine addiction by joining a rehab group and been motivated by other positive experiences. Before the section ended, the therapist asked the groups to write how they feel in a paper and pass it to the other person while the other person writes a motivational note and returned it back to the actual person. The three-group members seem to enjoy the activities.
Comprehensive psychiatric evaluations are a way to reflect on your practicum experiences and connect the experiences to the learning you gain from your weekly Learning Resources. Comprehensive notes, such as the ones required in this practicum course, are often used in clinical settings to document patient care.
For this Assignment, you will document information about a patient that you examined during the last 2 weeks, using the Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation Template provided. You will then use this note to develop and record a case presentation for this patient.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources and consider the insights they provide about assessment and diagnosis. Also review the Kaltura Media Uploader resource in the left-hand navigation of the classroom for help creating your self-recorded Kaltura video.
- Select a patient that you examined during the last 2 weeks who presented with a disorder other than the one present in your selected case for Week 5.
- Conduct a Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation on this patient using the template provided in the Learning Resources. There is also a completed exemplar document in the Learning Resources so that you can see an example of the types of information a completed evaluation document should contain. All psychiatric evaluations must be signed, and each page must be initialed by your Preceptor. When you submit your document, you should include the complete Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation as a Word document, as well as a PDF/images of each page that is initialed and signed by your Preceptor. You must submit your document using SafeAssign.
Be succinct in your presentation. Address the following:
- Subjective: What details did the patient provide regarding their personal and medical history? What are their symptoms of concern? How long have they been experiencing them, and what is the severity? How are their symptoms impacting their functioning?
- Objective: What observations did you make during the interview and review of systems?
- Assessment: What were your differential diagnoses? Provide a minimum of three (3) possible diagnoses. List them from highest to lowest priority. What was your primary diagnosis and why?
- Reflection notes: What would you do differently in a similar patient evaluation? Reflect on one social determinant of health according to the HealthyPeople 2030 (you will need to research) as applied to this case in the realm of psychiatry and mental health. As a future advanced provider, what are one health promotion activity and one patient education consideration for this patient for improving health disparities and inequities in the realm of psychiatry and mental health? Demonstrate your critical thinking.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Assignment 2: Comprehensive Psychiatric Evaluation and Patient Case Presentation appeared first on My Nursing Experts.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"