Diagnosing Young Children 0 unread of 0 messagesView Full DescriptionAs you have learned this week, diagnosing psychiatric disorders in children is a tricky business. Mental health professionals mustApril 14, 2022
When enough is enoughApril 14, 2022
Part I: Review special population
- Determine the selected population you will be working with. Analyze current available research and complete an overview of the selected population. The following information must be included in the overview:
- Describe your chosen group. Include details on this target population including statistics on the condition.
- Analyze lifestyle factors that positively impact the special condition.
- Analyze lifestyle factors that negatively impact the condition.
- Explain one program that has been successful in supporting lifestyle factors that positively impact the special condition (i.e. Yoga classes for women who are pregnant or pulmonary rehabilitation classes for individuals with lung disease).
Part II: Apply skills
- Counseling techniques
- Explain how you would make personal contact with the client and develop a working alliance.
- List the questions you would ask during the initial health history assessment.
- Explain if this client needs clearance from a medical doctor.
- Describe what initial assessments you would complete on the client and explain your rationale for selecting these assessments.
- Explain any risks of exercise for your client.
- Identify two safety tips and guidelines the client should follow due to his or her condition.
- Choose one of the following components of exercise: cardiovascular, muscular strength, muscular endurance, or flexibility and create a plan for your client. Use a chart to show initial assessment and a second chart to show progression.
- Suggest two motivational strategies you could use with this client.
- Explain how you would evaluate your client’s progress.
- Stress Management
- Explain how you would assess the stress level of your client.
- Assume your client requires stress management. Describe two techniques you would suggest your client try.
- Explain when and how you would determine this stress management technique is being effective or not.
- Dietary Guidelines
- Describe how you would assess your client’s dietary patterns.
- Suggest dietary guidelines for your client based on current recommendations for his or her special condition. Provide detail such as caloric intake and serving sizes.
- Elaborate on how you would evaluate your client’s progress with his or her dietary plan.
- Cultural Competence
- Assume the client has a different cultural background than your own. How would you employ cultural competence in working with this individual?
- Psychological considerations
- Explain two psychological methods or principles that may help the special population manage and/or cope with illness or current health status
6 scholorly resorces
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Code “Newclient”
The post A Comprehensive Wellness Program for a Special Population: Obesity appeared first on My Nursing Assignment.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"